Patrimony

We deny to claim "any Superiority to ourself
to defyne, decyde, or determyn any Article or Poynt
of the Christian Fayth and Relligion,
or to chang any Ancient Ceremony of the Church
from the Forme before received and observed
by the Catholick and Apostolick Church."

Norman Simplicity

Norman Simplicity
Click image for original | © Vitrearum (Allan Barton)

Monday, February 9, 2015

'Hanging Together'

I probably will have to get out of the house during Lent. While I'm sure, to others, this will appear a rich array of possibilities, it is not at all obvious to me where I shall end up. So, once again, these are just descriptive (not evaluative) notes to myself on what is available nearby (eschewing both sedevacantism, at one extreme, and priestesses, at the other). Also, 20 miles away from my house represents the effective limit on my willingness to travel.

  • Western Rite Orthodox – 1570 Tridentine (English):
    St Augustine, 10:00 AM High Mass (6.3 miles)
  • Roman Catholic – 1962 Tridentine (Latin):
    Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, 11:00 AM Mass (19.2 miles)
  • Roman Catholic – Anglican Ordinariate Use (English/RCL):
    N/A
  • Roman Catholic – 1970 Novus Ordo (Latin/RCL):
    Holy Ghost, 10:00 AM Latin Choral Mass (4.1 miles)
  • Anglican Catholic – 1928 BCP/Missal (English):
    St Mary's, 9:30 AM Holy Communion (8.2 miles)
  • Western Rite Orthodox – 1928 BCP/Adapted & Enriched (English):
    St Mark's, 10:00 Solemn High Mass (7.0 miles)
  • Roman Catholic – Book of Divine Worship (English/RCL):
    N/A
  • TEC – 1979 BCP Rite I (English/RCL)

I fear its boiling down to either the geographically closest or the temporally latest. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment