Patrimony

We deny to claim "any Superiority to ourself
to defyne, decyde, or determyn any Article or Poynt
of the Christian Fayth and Relligion,
or to chang any Ancient Ceremony of the Church
from the Forme before received and observed
by the Catholick and Apostolick Church."

Norman Simplicity

Norman Simplicity
Click image for original | © Vitrearum (Allan Barton)

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Res sacramenti

A Prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas:

Grant me, I beseech Thee, that I may not only receive the Sacrament [non solum suscipere sacramentum] of the Body and Blood of the Lord, but also the reality and power of the Sacrament [sed etiam rem et virtutem sacramenti]. O most kind God, grant that I may receive [sic suscipere] the Body of Thine only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, and so received that I may be worthy to be incorporated into His mystical body, and numbered among His members [mystico merear incorporari, et inter eius membra connumerari]. O most loving Father, grant me Thy beloved Son, which I now receive under the veil of a sacrament [quem nunc velatum in via suscipere propono], that I may one day behold Him face to face in glory, Who lives and reigns with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment