Patrimony

We deny to claim "any Superiority to ourself
to defyne, decyde, or determyn any Article or Poynt
of the Christian Fayth and Relligion,
or to chang any Ancient Ceremony of the Church
from the Forme before received and observed
by the Catholick and Apostolick Church."

Norman Simplicity

Norman Simplicity
Click image for original | © Vitrearum (Allan Barton)

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fever

I am in the grip of la grippe. I was supposed to be "On the Road" but I am stuck in bed. All I want to do is slumber, but when I lay myself down, my mind begins to race, reeling scene after scene like a Vertov-ian or Vorkapich-ian montage. In my folie, I have blotted up the blogosphere.

Stare at this long enough and you too can get the feeling.

Anywho, on ye olden TeeVee tonight, I was told this (as usual it's old, old news):

Lee Silver: I see a future in which people will not use sex to reproduce. That's a very dangerous thing to do.

Note to self: stop watching television at any time for any reason.

OK. So here is how I see it. The two things that must cease absolutely (that, of course, will not cease but continue to thrive) are:

  1. Reforming, Whiggish liberalism.
  2. Deific, scientistic utilitarianism.

Each one is an individual threat that is multiplied exponentially when combined with the other. And romanticism or aestheticism as either a counter-pose or an alternative lifestyle just ain't cutting it anymore.

The first is the demonic attitude of surpassing limits -- or, as it used to be called, pride. I know better than all those who came before me. There is no authority higher than me.

The second is satanic tack of egoistic control -- which is composed of all the other deadly sins combined. The world exists for my pleasure and mine alone. There is nothing to limit my singular pursuit of that lonely end.

However, since this is most certainly not going to happen, where do we go? Iceland, the Shetlands, Uruguay, Tristan da Cunha?

I gotta go and I gotta go now. Now. Being sick makes me realize just how positively revolting the world has actually become, in such a short space of time. If I wasn't sick already, yet had I but open ears and eyes, I would be approaching death quickly.

Mail all and any suggestions to me in c/o of the South Pole.

This looks as close to the Shire as we are ever going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment