Patrimony

We deny to claim "any Superiority to ourself
to defyne, decyde, or determyn any Article or Poynt
of the Christian Fayth and Relligion,
or to chang any Ancient Ceremony of the Church
from the Forme before received and observed
by the Catholick and Apostolick Church."

Norman Simplicity

Norman Simplicity
Click image for original | © Vitrearum (Allan Barton)

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pointless

As Perceptio starkly frames it:

The question anyone critiquing the liturgical reform needs to seriously consider is to what end are their efforts aimed?

Quite obviously, no achievable end. The dream of an early Roman liturgy is solely an empty academic question. And I am now moving firmly from theoria to praxis.

The need to have nearly universal access to the sacraments augurs strongly towards the largest communion. (I know some will take issue with this conclusion, and I have a few remaining issues myself.) Thus, when combined with my immovable commitment to a one-year lectionary of some standing, this further limits the viable possibilities to only two:

  • Eastern rite Catholicism
  • Ecclesia Dei Catholicism (locally, the FSSP)

I am already pretty familiar with the latter, so my individual forays, in the months to come, will be with the former. Prayers actively invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment