Patrimony

We deny to claim "any Superiority to ourself
to defyne, decyde, or determyn any Article or Poynt
of the Christian Fayth and Relligion,
or to chang any Ancient Ceremony of the Church
from the Forme before received and observed
by the Catholick and Apostolick Church."

Norman Simplicity

Norman Simplicity
Click image for original | © Vitrearum (Allan Barton)

Sunday, March 27, 2016

"The Original and Best"

I'm not very bright and I never ever was quick. I must, as Nietzsche commended, ruminate. Amazingly, après Bruxelles, I find much to say. Only ... I ... just ... can't ... say ... it.

Who, precisely, decorated these apartements?
Looks like a lot was picked up at Napoleon's family's jumble sale.

From Patrick Sheridan:

Cut flowers are dead, and soon wither. I wonder what stage we're in now? If only the Orthodox churches of England put away ethnic isolationism and political prejudice they might attract more converts. I have no interest in Slavic culture! But like the crypto-Orthodox of the deep English past I yearn for the sacraments and the communion of the Church. Am I, a sinner with the little green book, to be thrown out to compost with the rest of my countrymen?

Desire, despair, desire,
So many monsters.

I'm so Eighties. I have to push, I have to struggle.

1 comment:

  1. Pseudo-Baroque tat. Rather like Roman proselytes out on mission, saying to the natives: "Come in! The place is a mess, you'll love it!"

    ReplyDelete